Engineer (EIC) is responsible for managing, set up, troubleshooting and repairing TV Broadcast equipment both on production truck/trailers and in our REMI facility in Indianapolis, for live productions. This job is based in Indianapolis, IN, requires extensive travel and knowledge of broadcast equipment operation, IT Networking, and equipment maintenance/repair.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Support broadcast engineering operations, primarily for live remote sports productions, including setup, troubleshooting, repairs, inventory, and packing of broadcast-related equipment, production trucks/trailers, on location and in our REMI facility
- Train to become the primary engineer on production trucks and REMI facility
- Installation, documentation, and evaluation of new and replacement broadcast equipment
- Available for on-call engineering support of Tupelo Honey shows, when required
- 4 years or more of broadcast engineering or remote production engineering experience
- Working knowledge of IT processes, especially IT Networking, Dante Audio Networks, IT Security, SRT encoding, Apple and Microsoft hardware platforms
- Flexible work schedule including working 10+ hour days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Extensive travel required both regionally and nationally
- Current driver’s license and driving record are in good standing
- Ability to lift equipment up to 75lbs
- Ability to work efficiently while unsupervised
- Be able to present a positive image of Tupelo Honey
- Ability to work well with coworkers, clients and contract personnel
Interested/Qualified applicants must do the following, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now” , upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the _ Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal _)
Tupelo Honey/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.